Monday, August 8, 2011

Whirl-Wind of Emotions

    Today has been a whirl-wind of emotions, which is not the way I roll, usually. I like to have a very level emotional roller coaster, no ups and downs when it comes to my emotions, please; well I guess there can be ups, but I would prefer to have no downs (does not apply to real life roller coasters). Today seems to be full of both ups and downs; but hey, at least I got the ups!
    This morning I woke up with enough time to eat my breakfast and read my scriptures - a positive. But I woke up with too much time, I mean there is only so much one can do when getting ready in the mornings - a negative. However, I got to lay in my bed for an extra ten minutes after I was already for school - positive. I walked to school - the usual, neutral. And then I got to class - always a down. It was the last Anthropology class for the term though - up! but that means finals - negative. We reviewed what we should know for the final - an up; and we even got out of class early - another positive.
     A few hours later, it was time for my Teachings of the Living Prophets class. My last class of the term! - obviously a huge positive. That class was fairly insignificant with not really ups or downs - neutral, just the way I like it. Then I walked home from school. And almost got hit by a car (for the record, I was in the cross-walk and I had the right of way, the little white man was still up and the hand was not even blinking). I am thinking this is a positive for several reasons (1) I didn't get hit, (2) the girl that almost hit me made an apologetic gesture/face, and (3) I was slightly amused by this instance (Mom when you read this, you should tell this story to Dad to further my arguments as to why a car would come in handy in the fall). I got home - always a positive. and then I tried to pay a hundred dollar fee that I owe for some reason that does not make any sense whatsoever - could go either way, a positive because then I can finally move on in my life and have that out of the way, or a negative because I would have to spend over one hundred dollars. Well it wouldn't let me pay it because the BYU website is really stupid - my first initial reaction was negative, but now I think it is a positive. I clicked around and found out that I may possibly be able to Waver it, I am still not really sure if this actually worked though. Then I tried to get a dorm, for the one hundredth time, and I still have a hold on my account so it wouldn't let me - negative.
    Well needless to say, I was feeling pretty down on my BYU website luck, so I decided to take a break and check the mail. If you happen to recall, I blogged about a wonderful movie that I recently watched so I went online and bought it called "What's Up, Doc." Guess what. That movie was in my mailbox! - most definitely a positive. I had been worrying that it wouldn't get here until after I went home in between fall and summer semesters, and then I would have wasted 8 dollars - that definitely would have been a negative. However, it all turned out lovely/positively, and after blogging about my day, I feel like it has been a mostly positive day, where before I was thinking it was mostly negative. Who could have known that blogging would have such an effect on my attitude? Not me, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment