Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home, Home at Last

   I have discovered that I love being at home, especially alone. Peace and quiet makes me happy... and sane. But I love to be crazy on some occasions as well - just not always.
   It has indeed been a joy to come back and see all of my nieces and nephews again after my long absence from them! I missed them ever SO much. Play dates were the best. I also gotta spend some alone time with Mr. Lincoln twice, which I think before this week has never ever even happened before. There is always at least one other person present to steal him from me. Namely Ben, aka the Lincoln thief. So before I even left to BYU, Lincoln never even loved me much. And when he first came over to my home after I got home from my long absence, and Curtis handed him to me, he just started balling his little eyeballs out. Which of course resulted in Ben and Clark trying to steal him from me. Of course, I would not even let them though, because my goal for this being at home trip is for Mr. Lincoln to love me before I go back up in the fall. On Sunday, Curtis handed him to me and I got to watch him during all of Relief Society, which also gave me a wonderful excuse to sit out in the foyer and watch him instead of sitting the room with lots of old ladies in my ward... Also the lesson topic was super awkward. Not only that, but I got to see Tate and have a nice chat with him, which is always fun because Tate and I go way back and so it is always a pleasant experience to chat with him. I secretly worry about him too and then after I talk to him I usually worry about him less so that is good.
   Over all, these past two weeks have been sublime. I love being home. And good news, I FOUND SOMEWHERE TO LIVE FOR FALL!! yahoo!!! I had been worrying abut this somewhat because I can't just live on the streets and shower in the sprinklers.... that would just be awkward for everyone. But if that did occur then I would also be getting my exercise in for the day as well as getting clean because I would be running really really fast. But luckily I don't even need to worry about this. Yahoo!!!!
   Spending time with friends has also been sublime. Unfortunately, one of my really good friend's father died while I have been down in Mesa. I was able to attend his funeral and so many friends came to support her and her family and it was amazing that so many people cared about her that they were willing to come and support her in her time of need. The funeral was wonderful (if funerals can be considered wonderful) it was filled with love and the gospel.
   I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to come home and see everyone and spend time with many of my wonderful buds and family members.


We had a ward talent show and David and I considered entering it.
Singing "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.
I would sing and dress up as the part of Aladdin.
David as Jasmine.

+



=

Wouldn't we look good?
I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment