Friday, August 5, 2011

MISSIONARY WORK!

   CCJ got his mission call! and for some odd, strange, weird reason he did not even open the letter upon first seeing it. So when he called me and told me, he hadn't even opened it yet but he had it. Well naturally I rattled off my predictions of where he was going to go. I said he was either going to Salt Lake City, Utah; Gilbert, Arizona (the city right next to where we are both from and they are pretty much the same); or Argentina. After I talked to him, I called my mother and informed her of his mission call but lack of information of where he was going. She predicted state-side or Spanish speaking. My roommate Loryn predicted Australia - which I think would be awesome because then he would come back with a really wonderful accent. My other roommate, Miyako predicted an Asian mission; David said Central America or somewhere Spanish speaking; and a girl that CCJ works with said Brazil.
     Well despite my best efforts to try and get him to open it when he first told me that he had it and while he was on the phone with me, he didn't. But today he texted me that he peeked just about an hour ago. If I was him I would have peeked so long ago, or opened it all the way. So pretty much he knew where he was going and everything without ever opening it fully or telling anyone, not even his mother. Anyway, the exciting news is that he got his mission call! and that my mother was correct. He got called to the Tampa, Florida mission. He leaves November 16th and is English speaking! AAAHHH I am so excited for him! YAHOOOOO for missionary work!

2 comments: