Sunday, July 3, 2011

The First 2 Weeks

   So basically I am just starting up this blog because my best bud, Miya, told me to blog about all of my happenings up here at BYU. Also, it is a Sunday afternoon with nothing really to do.
  This Sunday marks the beginning of my third week of being in school this summer, and I can already tell that I have grown so much by my experiences that I have had. My daily walks of three miles a day help my legs get muscley and sometimes even sore. Yes, I am that weak. But those walks are a blessing in disguise because now I don't even have to feel obligated or pressured to exercise. In this case, my legs have hopefully shrunk instead of grown, but who knows? Not me.
  Also one of my teachers is attractive. It is really weird. I should not even be attracted to one of my instructors (he isn't really a professor) because that is disgusting. And the best part is.... he has red hair. I love red hair. But I kinda wish he was ugly because I get a little weirded out that I find this man attractive - even if he does have red hair.
  On Friday while I was walking to campus I saw four hot-air balloons! and I realized that riding in a hot air balloon is my dream along with learning how to blow glass. I was told today that there was one of darth vader's head and I am so jealous that I didn't even see that one. The pig that I saw does not even compare.
   So I have been to three weeks of this single ward business and so far I do like it, except that the lesson in relief society always goes back to being a wife and mother. Goodness gracious! I am 18 years old! I graduated from high school like 2 days ago (or like a month ago, but same thing really). I do not even need to focus on marriage at this moment. I know that the prophets say that marriage is the number one priority, but perhaps not when you are so young I am thinking. There is like 10 laurels in my ward too and they just go to relief society with the rest of us, and it is kinda ridiculous that they hear so much about marriage when they can't even vote yet.
   Well that is it I think, except that I miss my buds and all my nieceeees and nephie-poos, but I hear that they get a kick out of the high heels that I left home.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am allowed to marry red heads. I want to see this instructor! hahah! I love that you have a blog it makes me so happy! SO happy that I even followed it and will probably look at it every day!
    I am pretty sure you are going to be on the losing side of the freshman 15, that is a lot of walking and your legs...and lungs and heart are going to be ripped! Awesome! Speaking of freshman 15 I got on a scale yesterday, for like the first time in a bunch of months, actually no like a month before graduation and I lost 15 pounds, weird. My school hasnt even started but I am dwindeling away!

    Anyway, this comment is too long and dumb. I just wanted to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel, I like that you got a blog a whole lot. And I just read that and in my head you were reading it to me just because I imagined your beautiful voice reading it.

    ReplyDelete